Monday, June 6, 2011

I didn't die, I was just on vacation.

First things first: No, I didn't die. I am still alive and breathing. I just have not blogged in forever and I am so very sorry. Ever since graduation and moving away from Siloam Springs, my world has been a whirlwind of events.

Anyways, Hi! How are you?! I hope you are doing well and if you are in the state of AR, I hope you have not melted away in this way-too-intense heat.

I am trying to decide if I should write about the present or the past right now, though. I have never loved the present, I have always loved the past, and I defintely do not like the future.

I guess as an entry back into my blogging after by over extended break, I think I will focus on something I love: the past. Which means, I will tell you about a bit about where I have been aka Florida aka heaven on earth.

I was in Florida for two weeks. The first week was with three of my favorite people in the world and we stayed for our fifth year in-a-row at the amazing resort, Sandestin with Kathrine, Molly, and my big sister Abby. Aren't they pretty?



This is a picture from one our first nights out at our favorite spot, Fat Tuesdays. I always tell them I have the prettiest best friends ever but they don't believe me. WHAT-EV-ER.

Here is a picture of where we stayed: The Grand at Sandestin


(Our room is where the black circle is in case you couldn't put two and two together :) ) It was awesome.

The second week, Kathrine and I stayed to nanny for the Fullers and the Finleys, two families from Little Rock. Heather Fuller was my small group leader when I was in 6th grader and ever since then, she and her husband, Bryan, have become friends, family, and mentors to me. They have three kids (Molly Kate (8), Parker (6), Jake (4))who I have babysat since birth and they invited Kathrine and I to stay with them another week in Watercolors. Stuart and Sarah Finley are best friends of theirs and they have a 10 month-old named Carter. Although meeting them for the first time when they picked us up from The Grand in Sandestin, they too, now feel like family to both Kat and I. We heart them.




There we all are:The Fun-ley's! That is what we called the household all week long. Here are some pictures of where we stayed. It was so beautiful. It goes without saying that none of us wanted to leave.






And this is Kat and I's room.



The whole house looked like it came straight out of Pottery Barn.

The two weeks were way too much fun and there are so many stories to tell:

From baggo, tikki huts, creamsicles, beer shoes, friends from last year, Hot George Sr., date night, Fat Tuesdays, Funky's, Hot Tubs, our wingman: Colin, German Rappers,Publix, Fratty Bicyclers, tearing up the dance floor, back porch singing, The Red Bar, Bud & Alley's, Pandora, Jelly Beans, D.J. Kat Allen, Bushwhackers, a mysterious beautiful surfer boy, Booze Cruise!!, bike rides around Watercolors, Seaside and Seagrove...I think the list could go on forever.

Tomorrow, I will maybe go into detail about a couple of the stories.

But for now, here is the explanation as to why I have been so M.I.A. I promise to try my hardest to not be so absent anymore which should not be too hard since I am now back in Little Rock, trying to figure out how to be a grown-up and decide if I want to start a career or go back to school. (Ick, the future: this is why I hate it)

Later alligators.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs