Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I don't want my favorite American Idolists to win

Guys- we have reached the Top 9 on American Idol and this has by far been my favorite season since season one probably minus this guy:



Yeah-him on the left, I don't even know his name nor do I care. He was the worst.

Anyways, this season has been awesome. I love love love the judges and I mean, I can be critical but these three judges mixed with Ryan's hosting skills, I love. They just look more fun, don't they?



Now, I have two favorites from this season and I praying they don't win. Yes, I said don't. Here they are, Scotty McCreery and Casey Abrams:





I know that sounds contradictory but in case you haven't noticed, the albums pronounced by American Idol winners after the show are usually for lack of a better word, crap. Even Kelly's and Carrie's were not so great, and the rest of them, well, I couldn't even tell you one song off their albums.

People like Chris Daughtery, Kelli Pickler, and Jennifer Hudson have not been finalists but they have gone on to succeed tremendously.

However, I am very disappointed by Kris Allen, David Cooke, and Lee DeWyze. All three of these guys are phenomenal but when the record producers of American Idol take over and work with them to produce their albums, it seems as though they take away the rawness we initially loved about them. They add stupid poppy beats and try to make it something that may only appeal to a few 13-year-old girls who don't really know how to appreciate good music.

This is why I don't want Casey or Scotty to win.

I want them to get out and do their own style because that is what I love: their uniqueness and their style. Yesterday, I bought Casey's song from last week, "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?", and they have ruined it! Okay, not ruined because I still listen to it, BUT it was not nearly as good as it was live on the show because they added this stupid poppy beat the starts in at the beginning of the song and doesn't go away.

They take away the beauty of the artist and try to make them into something they are not. It's lame and I don't want my two men to get sucked into it.

So out of hopes that some awesome record producers are watching the show and sees the talent I see, I will not be voting for those two. I hope that don't hate me for it because I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs