Sunday, August 1, 2010

"Watch What I Can Do With Your Lunch"


Gary Haugen, President and CEO of International Justice Mission, was our guest speaker at Fellowship this morning. As you can imagine, he had so many good things to say but during a part of the message he retold the story of the feeding of the 5,000. He referred to the little boy in the story who brought his lunch with a just a couple fish and some bread. Gary said that this boy probably had the best day of his entire life because he simply had his mom pack his lunch and little did he know that his little lunch would be used to feed 5,000 people.

I can just imagine the little boy running home saying "Mom, you will never guess what happened to my lunch today!" I mean do you think he will ever forget that day and what God did with his lunch. He probably thought he had nothing to contribute to the 5,000 hungry people but God saw it differently. Christ used His power and said to the little boy "Hey, watch what I can do with your lunch."

I love that line.

So take my little measly lunch God. It's all yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs