Tuesday, December 7, 2010

“You have to remember Pearl Harbor,” Puccio said. “I'll never forget it.”



"World War II veteran and Pearl Harbor survivor Sylvester Puccio photographed with a replica of the USS West Virginia BB-48 in the kitchen of his home Sunday, Dec. 5, 2010 in Rome. "Your first ship is your first love, so they say," said Puccio when discussing the West Virginia , the ship he was assigned to during the war." (www.uticaod.com)












On December 7th, 1941, 2,402 personnel were killed and 1,282 were wounded from the attacks on Pearl Harbor. Take some time and be thankful today.

I know the day is almost over and I know you are really busy, but these guys deserve at least one minute of your time. If it wasn't for them, you might not even have the option to give up a minute of your time.

We are forever indebted to those who served for our country.

1 comment:

  1. I like how on Abby's birthday, you post about what a great sister she is... and on mine, I get a post about Pearl Harbor... what a downer... why couldn't I have been born on another day?! HA!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs