Thursday, December 9, 2010

For Chad


Today as I was driving to work, I got stopped on the on-ramp. Of course, I immediately thought, "Dang it, traffic, knew I should have taken the other route." However, as I waited, I realized the police had stopped us because of a funeral procession.

First came a bunch of motorcycles with American flags and veteran flags. Then I looked up ahead and on an overpass I noticed a firetruck with the ladder raised up holding the USA flag. I realized it was a soldier who had died.

The funeral procession was so long. I sat for a good five minutes in my car and for some reason I wanted to know who it was. I got out my phone and began the search.

After some search, I found out it was 22 year old Cpl. Chad S. Wade of Bentonville. He passed away on December 1. None of the obituaries say exactly how he died but it was while conducting combat operations in Afghanistan.



Just one of the thousands that have died fighting for our country. He deserves some respect. I don't know why I care so much...but something just hit me about it and I know that I should care. He was husband and son. I can't imagine the pain his family is going through.

Give a moment of your day to say thanks. He was just 22. But he sacrificed his life to go over and fight for the War on Terror, Operation Enduring Freedom.

Thank you Chad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs