Thursday, August 4, 2011

My Trip to Minneapolis

So in case you didn't know (not like you really care, ha), but I went to Minneapolis on Monday.

One thing I have always wanted to do is become a flight attendant. I applied for an airline that flies out of Minneapolis called Sun Country and I ended up being invited to an open house, group interview session. I got the invitation at the beginning of last week. I talked with my mom about it and after she talked to her best friend, I ended up with a buddy pass (airline thing) to fly up there. My mom's best friend works for Delta so I pretty much got a cheap ticket up and back there. I was so thankful for her.

While I was up there, I stayed with my cousin, Ellisun, and her husband, Bryan. This is them to the right. I know, such a hot couple, right?

Anyways, they are pretty much the best. I called them on Sunday and said, "Hey, I am coming to visit. Want to take me in for three days, feed me, and cart me around?" And not only did they say yes to that without hesitation, Ellisun, who works at Target Headquarters, set up two meetings for me with two of her co-workers. I was thrilled!! She is seriously the best and I had so much fun spending time with these two!

Anyways, Tuesday, I had the actual interview. It went pretty good. I felt very independent all day long and it was an exciting adventure exploring downtown Minneapolis. I had to be at the Embassy Suites by the airport by 8:45AM which means I was up at 6:00 AM.  Ellisun dropped me off downtown and then I had to take this thing:

The Light Rail!! I had to buy an all day pass and ride it to the interview. That thing below is the map of the light rail with the stops I made marked off from one to four. 


After the interview though, I decided that since I was so close already, I would just go The Mall of America.  I went into a couple stores but like I said, you know you suck at shopping when you walk out of The Mall of America with nothing purchased except for a meal at:



and a bottle of Diet Coke: 
(FACT).

Anyways, that was the big part of my Tuesday. On Wednesday, I met with the two people from Target. Both of those meetings went really well and I am so glad I had the opportunity to meet with them. After those meetings, Ellisun and I went to lunch on the main shopping street downtown called Nicollet Street. It is a really fun area that is great for people watching. Because it was so beautiful outside, we decided  to eat on the patio of this place called McCormick & Schmick's. It was super yummy. 

Oh but the three issues of the day:
1. Silk shirt + beating down sun rays= wet silky shirt. Gross.
2. New Hudson Jeans + bought a size too big= faulty zipper. Guys. It kept falling down all day. The first time I realized it, I was so embarrassed because I thought it had been like that all morning, but then I realized it kept happening. Thank the Lord that my shirt was long enough, so you never could really tell. 
3. Trying to be fashion forward and wearing high heel shoes all day long= long, painful walks and blisters. 



The rest of that day I shopped a little at Saks Fifth Avenue, hung out with my cousin Taylor who showed me the more younger side to Minneapolis, and then went to another place for Happy Hour with Ellisun and Taylor at this place called The Local which has my favorite Irish Cider ON TAP and I didn't even realize it until after I ordered a Fat Tire. BIG MISTAKE. I mean, Fat Tire is good but not nearly as good as Magners, especially on tap. What. ev. er.



Then, probably the best part of the trip was the fact that I was reunited with my best friend, Jen Veach, from when I lived up there in the 3rd and 4th grade. Oh my gosh, it was like not one day had passed. We ate in this area called Uptown, which if you are familiar with Little Rock, is like the Hillcrest of Minneapolis, but if you are not, it just this really fun area with a lot of restaurants and bars.  We ate dinner at a restaurant called Il Gatto.We shared a yummy salad and a Marguerite Pizza. We also made friends with a our waiter, Spencer. He was the best. 
Picture of Uptown
Afterwards, she wanted to show me around town and even though I had a 4AM wake up call for the flight home, I said "Yes, please!"  We only went to two place after Il Gatto and they were super fun. The first place was called Stella's and it has the highest roof top bar in Minneapolis. Below is a view from the top that we got to witness and then a picture of the actual bar.


 For your convenience, I circled exactly where we were sitting. :) You're welcome. 

Here is a picture of Jen and I at Stella. We met some new friends who were fun to get to know. I can't help it, I just fit in the north better. 


After Stella, we went to a placed called Williams. The best part about that was a I got to see some other old friend from when I used to live up there. It was so fun and they were so shocked to see me!  The first reaction one of them had was: "Oh my gosh, I had the hugest crush on you and you always had WarHeads".  And this, my friends, is true. I always had WarHeads and I was the Queen at not making a face. Him and I, in fact, were the King and Queen of it. It was ridiculous. Did you guys do that too? I hope so. They are such good memories. 
Anyways, we celebrated two birthdays over the course of the rest of the night and it was just so fun. I loved spending time with them and I loved seeing this other side of Minneapolis. I really can picture myself there so we will see where the Lord takes me. You never know but I will pray big and get to work. 

I hope you guys have had a great week and have an awesome weekend!!


1 comment:

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs